Led by Alysa Golden, MSW, RSW
Spiritual psychotherapist and life coach
This 6 week, virtual group will help you to:
- Develop ways to both decrease your anxiety and live more comfortably with any anxiety that may remain.
- Let go of beliefs that set up resistance in your life and cause your anxiety to increase.
- Connect to your peaceful, fulfilled center and live from there.
- Become aware of problematic and compulsive thoughts that distract you from reality and learn how to let them go.
- Focus on the present moment where anxiety cannot flourish.
This group is for you if:
- You are experiencing mild to moderate anxiety that is negatively affecting your ability to do what you want in your life.
- You are ready to learn and practice proven strategies that may be new to you in order to reduce your anxiety and increase your joy.
- You can commit to coming every week and be in a space where you can focus on your health and wellbeing without distraction (we recognize that the unexpected can happen)
- You are willing to hold space for the other group members without judgement.
This group may not be a good fit if:
- You hate guided visualizations.
- You are in a state of severe depression or severe anxiety.
- You are in a crisis situation in your life at the moment.
- You can’t commit to being present for the 6 weeks.
- You would be joining only to make someone else happy.
What will this group look like?
- Each week we will get together on zoom for 1 hour.
- We will begin by doing a brief safety building, grounding exercise to lower any present stress or anxiety.
- You will be introduced to a step, in the mindfulness process of decreasing your anxiety.
- We will have a guided visualization to anchor that step.
- You will be given time to share your experience (if you wish) of integrating the step from the last week.
- You will be given some direction on how to integrate the most recent step into the coming week.
- We will end with another brief grounding to allow you to step calmly into the rest of your evening.
The group meets every Tuesday from 6:30 – 7:30pm
Dates are as follows:
- April 18
- April 25
- May 2
- May 9
- May 16
- May 23
The fee for the 6 week group is $440 CAD.
Payment plan is available.
The group will be capped at 10 participants.
It is normal to be both hopeful and nervous about participating in any kind of group. Please feel free to ask any questions that might make it more comfortable for you to take that first step “through the door”. We are committed to your emotional well-being and want you to feel safe.